Activesync with Exchange 2010 SP1 will not connect

Another small problem we had was we couldnt get devices to connect using activesync.  Turns out to be a small bug. You will know this is the problem by looking in the application log in the event viewer. You will see the following error: Exchange ActiveSync doesn’t have sufficient permissions to create the “CN=<name>,CN=<container>,DC=ads,DC=ssc,DC=wisc,DC=edu” container under […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 17th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

The Name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site

After following the articles I posted about a few days ago about our exchange 2003 to 2010 upgrade, we ran into another hiccup.  You receive an error when opening outlook “The Name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.”  This is because our certificate didnt match the […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 17th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

Exchange 2010 Upgrade

Im in the process of upgrading our exchange 2003 server to 2010.  There is a whole 2 users who use it (myself and another MS admin).  The rest of our organization uses our linux mail server.  I ran into a few issues and thought I would put them all here. I first started with this […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 15th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

Suppressing notifications for SCCM App-V Packages

App-V packages/programs do not give you the option to suppress notifications for the program.  They pop up by default.  You can override this by running the following VBScript.  Save the code to a file ending with .vbs, change the packageID value, then run it.  No more notifications! strSMSServer = “.” strPackageID = “XYZ00001” strProgramName = […]

Filed under: App-V, SCCM | Posted on March 8th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

Altiris DS 6.9 SP4 imaging task fails with Incorrect Function

I searched a long time for this.  It appears to be a bug that is fairly uncommon.  Here is what I did to fix it.  Modify Configuration -> TCP/IP -> Advanced -> Static Routes.  I deleted them, then reboot the machine and reimage.  Wholla!  Task works again. Mike Rowland on the Symantec forums gave me the idea.  Here […]

Filed under: Altiris | Posted on March 8th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

RSS Feed

Categories

Archives

Blogroll

Meta

Copyright © 2017 Charlie's Tech Ramblings. All rights reserved.

Tech Blue designed by Hive Designs • Ported by Free WordPress Themes