RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 released!

Microsoft has finally released a new version of RSAT that will work with Win7 SP1.  For those of us who installed SP1 from a disk, we had no way of using them admin tools.  Thank you Microsoft for getting these out sooner rather than later.  Download them here:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MicrosoftDownloadCenter+%28Microsoft+Download+Center%29#tm

Filed under: Microsoft | Posted on April 8th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

FEP install issues

So after the big announcement at MMS2011 about FEP becoming free as part of the core cal, I decided it was time to take a look.  For the most part, the install is straight forward.  Unfortunately, it did take me a couple of days to get it installed.  I was plagued by the SQL server […]

Filed under: Microsoft, SCCM | Posted on April 8th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

Activesync with Exchange 2010 SP1 will not connect

Another small problem we had was we couldnt get devices to connect using activesync.  Turns out to be a small bug. You will know this is the problem by looking in the application log in the event viewer. You will see the following error: Exchange ActiveSync doesn’t have sufficient permissions to create the “CN=<name>,CN=<container>,DC=ads,DC=ssc,DC=wisc,DC=edu” container under […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 17th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

The Name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site

After following the articles I posted about a few days ago about our exchange 2003 to 2010 upgrade, we ran into another hiccup.  You receive an error when opening outlook “The Name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.”  This is because our certificate didnt match the […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 17th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

Exchange 2010 Upgrade

Im in the process of upgrading our exchange 2003 server to 2010.  There is a whole 2 users who use it (myself and another MS admin).  The rest of our organization uses our linux mail server.  I ran into a few issues and thought I would put them all here. I first started with this […]

Filed under: Exchange, Microsoft | Posted on March 15th, 2011 by CharlieMaurice | No Comments »

RSS Feed

Categories

Archives

Blogroll

Meta

Copyright © 2023 Charlie's Tech Ramblings. All rights reserved.

Tech Blue designed by Hive Designs • Ported by Free WordPress Themes